Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2010 Domaine D'Anderzon Cotes du Rhone

An "organic" wine from the Rhone valley, this one was very different from all the wines I have posted thus far.  In addition, it is non-filtered, which made this one a bit more interesting.  


First sniff --lots of berries, perhaps blackberries, with some green grass in the background.  The color tone was dark red (nothing like I have seen before).  First swirl, wow, full-body and fairly spicy.  It also seemed the tannins were a bit strong.  Second sniff -- may sound a bit weird, but I was getting some hint of milk (is that possible?).  Okay, well the second swirl, seemed green and young.  Flavors of berries were prominent -- slightly sour for my liking.  The balance was okay, however this syrah was very different than ones I have drunk before.  Perhaps it is the "organic" part of the wine, or maybe the "non-filter" component (I am not really sure). 


I purchased this one from Ebisu Gardens, Wine Market store.  I am going to give this one 3 stars.  Very unique wine, but not my all time favorite. It's a decent bottle that would be great with a meat dish.   When I finished the bottle, I had some sludge in my glass -- first for me! 


Summary: Full-body, Syrah.  Fairly green and rich. 
Rating: 3 Stars
Purchase Cost: Y1,606 (Ebisu Gardens, Wine Market Store)

Other Japanese Retailers: Y1,512 (Rakuten website)
USA Retail Price: $13.95
Food: Mexican soup

1 comment:

  1. If you are interested in learning more about organic wines, check out this link! I found it to be quite informative.

    http://www.snooth.com/articles/organic-wine-at-a-glance/?sfp=1

    ReplyDelete