Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2009 Château Les Canelles

With 80% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, and 10% Malbec this Bordeaux is from the Côtes de Blaye region


The aromas of the wine are difficult to distinguish.  I smelled some berries, but also it seemed to have a fairly strong alcohol smell as well. I was expecting a full-body wine, but it was a bit lighter in taste (perhaps a medium body Bordeaux).  


Overall, the balance was not great.  The finish was a bit bitter for my liking and I felt like it had some cough syrup mixed in.  It reminded me of the Mouton Cadet bottle I tried not too long ago (see the review here - 

2009 Baron Philippe Rothschild Mouton Cadet Bordeaux).  


I purchased this one at the Wine Market store, in Ebisu Gardens.  Luckily I did not pay full price as it was on sale for Y1,500.  I am going to give this one 1.5 stars.  

Summary: I was not that impressed. The finish was bitter and balance not great.
Rating:   1.5 stars
Purchase Cost: Y1,500 (Wine Market Store, Ebisu Gardens)
Other Japanese Retailers: NA

USA Retail Price: NA
Food: NA

No comments:

Post a Comment