Sunday, December 4, 2011

2010 Michele Chiarlo Anniversario Gavi

Another purchase from Costco Michele Chiarlo 2010 Anniversario Gavi was an interesting Italian white wine.  Fragrances of apricot and fresh pear were present.  The finish had a slight chestnut flavor; yet the entire body of the wine was fairly dry and crisp


Overall the 2010 Gavi is easy to drink.  I am not that familiar with Italian wines; however Gavi is a white grape I believe from the Piemonte region (Upper NW corner of Italy).  I am going to give this one 3 Stars and given the price of Y875 I would recommend this for a good, everyday table wine.  


Summary: Crisp white wine with a good balance.  Apricot/pears; very fragrant.  
Rating:  3 Stars
Purchase Cost: Y875 (Costco)
Other Japanese Retailers: I could not find this particular wine at any other Japanese retailer

USA Retail Price: $12.95
Food: NA

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about Italian wines either, but I like these sort of unusual white wines from italy. The grape is Cortese I believe and Gavi is the region. I've never had this, but it looks very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete