Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2009 Nuits Saint Georges Les Poisets

Happy New Year!  


To kick off the 2012 entry, I decided to open a bottle which was given to me by my wife for a Christmas present!  From the Bourgogne region (Nuit Saint Georges area) this wine was really good. 


At first smell, the Pinot Noir has a mixture of dark cherries and raspberries.  Second smell and oddly enough, it also had a hint of wild mushrooms.  First swirl was very nice.  Slightly sweet; however the sweetness  dissipates quite quickly, which is followed by a nutty, creamy taste. A bit 'green'/'grassy', but the dynamics of the wine is very full, yet light and smooth at the same time. Wow, I'm impressed 


I decided to let this one open for about 30 minutes. The overall flavor and taste really improved (letting this one open is key).  The berry flavors came out and the overall balance took form.  


I am going to give this one 4 stars.  I do not know the cost as it was a xmas gift, but I think this one is on the upper end of my typical wine budget.  Thank you very much for the wonderful gift!  
This one would be great wine to bring to a elegant wine party/dinner.   


Summary: A bit green at start, but allow it to open for a bit.  Very smooth and well balanced. The wine has the classic pinot noir color tone -- light red.
Rating: 4 Stars
Purchase Cost: NA (Gift from Shibuya Tokyu Store)

Other Japanese Retailers: NA
USA Retail Price: NA

Food: NA 

No comments:

Post a Comment