Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2009 Perrin Réserve Côtes du Rhône

According to the label it is 60% Grenache, 20% Syrah, and 20% Mourvedre (by the way, I think this is the first time for me to come across a bottle with Mourvedre).  This 2009 Perrin Reserve Cotes du Rhone is very good.

The hue is deep red and at the nose there are lots of blackberries.  The first swirl; I was impressed.  Good balance--the berries are definitely there with perhaps some cherries in the background.  Interestingly the finish is spicy (black pepper).  Tannins are very light on the second go around.  

I like this wine.  I am going to give this one 3.5 stars.  I would purchase this one again; however I think it might be a tad expensive (not the best value).  I paid Y2,100 at the Ebisu Gardens, Wine Market Store.  On Rakuten it is listed about 10% cheaper at  Y1,890. Regardless, a good wine with an very interesting peppery finish. 
Summary: Full-body, lots of blackberries at the nose; peppery finish 
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Purchase Cost: Y2,100 (Ebisu Gardens, Wine Market Store)
Other Japanese Retailers: Y1,890 (Rakuten website)
USA Retail Price: $12.49
Food:  NA

No comments:

Post a Comment