Sunday, December 4, 2011

2005 Chateau Arnauld Haut-Medoc

Slightly more expensive than the other wines listed on this blog recently, I must say that I really enjoyed this 2005 Chateau Arnauld Haut-Medoc.  I could be wrong, but I think 2005 is a fairly good year for this wine and the price was reasonable.  With a hint of pine wood or perhaps cedar, this wine is deep with blackberries/blueberries fragrances (very nice).  The first swirl had a medium to full body texture where the berries were definitely present (almost added a sweetness to the wine).  The second swirl--spicy?  Yes, definitely spicy to me--wow.  It almost has a black pepper finish to the wine.  


I purchased this one at Kinokuniya International in Omotesando for Y1,850, which seems market price here in Tokyo.  I am going to give this one 3.5 stars.  Very nice and one which I would recommend to bring to a casual dinner party.


Summary: Full body, very nice color (ruby).  Has a kick at the end with some black pepper taste.
Rating:  3.5 stars
Purchase Cost: Y1,850 (Kinokuniya International)
Other Japanese Retailers: Y1,890 (Rakuten website)

USA Retail Price: $12.95
Food: Nabe (Japanese hotpot dish)

1 comment: