Sunday, December 11, 2011

2009 Simi Chardonnay

From Sonoma California, this wine has a very unique color.  Not as golden as I have seen some Chardonnay's, but it has a very brilliant, light yellow color tone--very nice.  The first sniff has a mixture of pears, and some type of tropical fruits.  The first whirl is quite nice -- slightly sweet yet has a slight almond taste.  Second sniff -- I am still leaning towards pears and some type of tropical fruit which I cannot pinpoint which type of fruit.  The second whirl has a slight smokey wood taste; however the sweetness is still present. The finish is very nice, very smooth and mild.


Overall I am going to give this one 3 stars.  I purchased this one at Costco for  Y1,590.  At another retailer here in Tokyo it is about Y2,400.  Yet again, Costco scores. I would recommend this wine for a casual summer party.   




Summary:  Good wine with a nice and unique color.  Slightly sweet; however the finish is delicate. 
Rating:  3 stars
Purchase Cost: Y1,590 (Costco)
Other Japanese Retailers: Y2,450 (Rakuten website)

USA Retail Price: $12.95
Food: NA

No comments:

Post a Comment