Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Ordinary Tokyo Wine Drinker

I am just an ordinary wine drinker that happens to live in Tokyo.  I like wine, but I really don't know the science and complexity behind it all.  I'm trying to learn more about wine, but living in a country where the Japanese language is my secondary it has been difficult.  I decided to open this site to not only log the wines I have tried, but hopefully open a new avenue where we can share wines which we have all enjoyed and know where we can find them here in Tokyo/Japan.

I've found some really Sh*ty wine stores here in Tokyo (especially during the summer time, where they leave the cases of wine in the window store front basking in the heat) and I've found some interesting stores where wine geeks frequent; however what I haven't found is an English website/blog dedicated to "the ordinary tokyo wine drinker."  So here I am hoping to fill that void.   

Working and living in Japan where  the Beaujolais Nouveau and Yellow Tail wines are often the highlights of many nomikai's; I hope this blog will help you find some alternatives.   

4 comments:

  1. Cool. I look forward to hearing what you have to say ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're free, this wine event was recommended by an "industry" friend...

    http://www.cocowine.com/contents/english/special-events/2011-harvest-festival

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Niseko skiing and discovered some Australian dudes who import and sell quality Australian & New Zealand wine wholesale over the net. Had it delivered there and then had some shipped back to tokyo. Found them searching wine & Niseko. Glad to wine a source of good wine at a good price. Plenty of crap around or very expensive. Not in Tokyo much longer so may use them one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V. cool--glad to hear you found a great vendor. Yes, Ive heard of others importing wine (i.e., wholesale) from Australia/NZ (I've had some awesome wines from Australia/NZ). As long as the yen stays where it is I am sure importing directly will have its benefits.

    Enjoy your time in Tokyo. Thanks for your post! As always feel free to share this blog to your friends.
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete