Thursday, February 9, 2012

2009 Six Foot Six Pinot Noir

As noted in an early blog posting, I managed to pick up some wines from Australia.  I really enjoy wines from the down under; however I think this might be one of my first Australian wine review. 


An interesting label and name, Six Foot Six 2009 Pinot Noir was great. The aromas were very fruity--blackberries, cherries and some accent of grass.  As most Pinot Noir's do, the color tone was light color red.  The first swirl was nice--A fairly complex, and 'soft' wine that is slightly (and I mean very slightly), sweet.  If you have ever tried an Au Bon Climat Pinot Noir, I would say this was its younger sibling.  


I am going to give this one 4 stars.  I really liked it.  The price is decent, the complexity is really nice and the balance was just right. I purchased this one at Nissin World Delicatessen in Azabu Juban for Y2,250.  I would definitely purchase this one again. 
**PS take a look at the Rakuten link below -- looks like a good sale if you cannot make it to Nissin.  
  
Summary: Medium-body, great balance and nice finish.  Good value
Rating: 4 Stars
Purchase Cost: Y2,250 (Nissin World Delicatessen Groceries)
Other Japanese Retailers: Y2,100 (Rakuten website)
USA Retail Price: $19.95

Food:  NA

2 comments: